To qualify, nominations must be submitted by Nov. 2, 2012 – with the award winner to be announced during Transitions Academy 2013. Brokers can be self nominated, or nominated by a vision plan representative.
Download the nomination form here.
Nominees will be judged on commitment to:
- Promotion of vision benefits — positioning vision benefits as an integral part of the overall health benefits offering.
- Promotion of vision wear — highlighting the vision wear elements of vision coverage to customers, and recommending vision plans that include photochromic lenses.
- Education — educating about the importance of quality eye care and eyewear (through the use of materials such as those available through the Transitions Healthy Sight Working for You program). Promotion of healthy sight and the connection between eye and overall health, and completion of eye health/vision plan-related continuing education courses.
The top three finalists will receive:
- Trip for two to attend Transitions Academy 2013, where the winning broker will be announced. Includes airfare for two to Orlando, Fla., from anywhere in the continental U.S., three nights hotel accommodations, Academy registration fees and transportation to/from the Orlando Airport.
- Fitting of Transitions® lenses.
- Beverage maker, or espresso/cappuccino machine for the office, set of Transitions-branded mugs.
- $50 Visa pre-paid gift cards (for each staff member). *
- Transitions-branded apparel item (for each staff member). *
The award-winning broker will receive the above, plus:
- Use of logo designating them as the Transitions Benefits Broker of the Year.
- Marketing and public relations support (trade and community news releases, trade advertising, ongoing media interview opportunities, etc.).
- Employee celebration (cash value of up to $500).
*Maximum number of staff is 12
Photochromic performance is influenced by temperature, UV exposure, and lens material.